European enterprises may access debt financing offered on preferential terms. It is provided by financial institutions taking part in the EU framework programmes. Information regarding this form of support in Poland is available at the National Contact Point for Financial Instruments of the EU Programmes.
National Financial Intermediaries of the EU Programmes offer credit, leasing, loans and guarantees for micro, small and medium enterprise. The financing is supported by guarantees issued by European Investment Fund and therefore available on preferential terms. As a result, European entrepreneurs are granted with easier access to financing.
Preferential financing is available also for more “risky” clients, including start-ups, innovators or companies involved in less conventional projects, with higher perceived risk of economical failure. Specialised instruments are designed for microenterprises, companies from creative industries (including graphic creators or game developers) or social enterprises. In 2017 the range will be extended by investments by VC funds and Business Angels.
Polish entrepreneurs interested in financing supported by the EU within the framework programmes should contact the National Contact Point for Financial Instruments. The NCP operates as a “one-stop-shop” for financial instruments of the EU programmes that were implemented before 2014 or are being launched for the 2014-2020 period. Those are:
- the Competitiveness and Innovation Framework Programme(CIP),
- the European Progress Microfinance Facility,
- COSME – Programme for the Competitiveness of Enterprises and SMEs,
- Horizon 2020 – the Framework Programme for Research and Innovation,
- Programme for Employment and Social Innovation (“EASI”),
- “Creative Europe” programme for the Cultural and Creative Sectors with support of the Investment Plan for Europe for most of the instruments.
Information and advisory services of the NCP are available throughout the country and free of charge.
The National Contact Point operates under auspices of the European Commission, Ministry of Economy and PARP. NCP cooperates with Enterprise Europe Network, Creative Europe Desk Poland, NCP for EU Research Programmes and other proinnovative institutions and organisations.
NCP supports the following EU programmes and initiatives:
Preferential financing for entrepreneurs (including innovators and start-ups) in the EU framework programmes
What is preferential financing?
- credit, loan, leasing, guarantee etc.
- for investments or operational capital,
- from 2017: also Venture Capital.
Who can benefit?
- entrepreneurs – including start-ups – that suffer from barriers in access to finance,
- in some cases: research institutes, PPP, SPV.
What are the „preferences”?
- access to financing for companies with:
- no collateral,
- no own contribution,
- no credit history,
- unsatisfied demand for debt financing,
- innovative or unusual projects;
- reduced cost of financing,
- extra services (as advisory),
- no public aid,
- no extra paperwork.
For information of preferential financing offered by the Polish Platform of EU Financial Intermediaries, visit: